User Group Support
User groups are a valuable resource to all member of the SolidWorks community. The ability to network with your peers, interact with SolidWorks, and our partners helps your company become more productive.
These groups also share experiences and technical presentations that can help provide you and your company with valuable, real-world experiences, techniques, and methodologies.
Take the time to find your local user group or if there is not one in your area, look into starting your own. We also hold an annual SWUGN Summit meeting at the SolidWorks World conference attended by users from around the world.
The SolidWorks User Group Network enjoys the full support of SolidWorks Corporation. SolidWorks Corporation supports user-run groups in various ways in order to increase participation as well as offer support for user group leaders.
SWUGN can provide the following to chartered user groups:
- Post your meeting date, time and location to the User Group calendar.
- Post your meeting contact information to the SWUGN User Group directory.
- Supply a limited amount of give-away items.*
- Financial support up to $400 USD per meeting to help cover facility costs, refreshments, audiovisual, etc.
- SolidWorks or Simulation speakers when available.**
- Use of the SolidWorks User Group logo.
*A minimum of 3 weeks notice is required to provide giveaway items.
**4-5 weeks notice is required to arrange SolidWorks/Simulation speakers.
For information on becoming a chartered user group, see the Getting Started page..